× Members

DWP interpretation of Tribunal Decision

More
7 years 9 months ago #163224 by HoggitSloth
DWP interpretation of Tribunal Decision was created by HoggitSloth
After the PIP Tribunal found in my favour, I was given a copy of the Tribunal Decision and was told an identical decision notice would be sent to the DWP. They were unusually prompt with backdating ten months benefit.

Considering the DWP received an identical copy of the Tribunal Decision, I am dismayed that something as straight-forward as using/ copying the Tribunal's wording appears to be beyond the DWP's scope.
The Tribunal stated I had been awarded PIP for "an indefinite period".
The DWP stated I had been awarded PIP for "an on-going period".

I know the DWP are reluctant about any long term awards given, but with that terminology given instead of the original Tribunal Decision, I am left wondering where the next DWP cock-up will be.
Can anyone please put my mind at rest, the DWP have caused numerous problems in the past.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163266 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP interpretation of Tribunal Decision
K

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

PIP does not use the term "indefinite" the PIP equivalent is "on-going".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: HoggitSloth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.