× Members

on pips and need to sell house

More
7 years 9 months ago #163225 by sailor dave
on pips and need to sell house was created by sailor dave
can anyone advise me please, i,m on pips standard (both elements) i,m also on state pension and receive a pension credit top up of £67.? per week ,

Due to my condition , i,m finding stairs are getting difficult and my mortgage is coming to an end and its not satisfied selling to purchase outright a flat with the equity i have from the sale of my house plus a "small" financial (25k) input from my son , who will NOT be living there, but his name will be on the deed,

I will not require any rent benefit, and in fact i simply want to ensure i will not be penalised by losing my means tested pension credit top up or my council tax benefit can anyone advise me please ? the sale of my house is arranged and the purchase of a flat should go through at the same time
thank you all in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163267 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic on pips and need to sell house

sailor dave wrote: can anyone advise me please, i,m on pips standard (both elements) i,m also on state pension and receive a pension credit top up of £67.? per week ,

Due to my condition , i,m finding stairs are getting difficult and my mortgage is coming to an end and its not satisfied selling to purchase outright a flat with the equity i have from the sale of my house plus a "small" financial (25k) input from my son , who will NOT be living there, but his name will be on the deed,

I will not require any rent benefit, and in fact i simply want to ensure i will not be penalised by losing my means tested pension credit top up or my council tax benefit can anyone advise me please ? the sale of my house is arranged and the purchase of a flat should go through at the same time
thank you all in advance

I'm afraid we cannot give detailed financial advice on the forum, you need to get face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.