× Members

Help please. PIP

More
7 years 9 months ago #163231 by Margaret Smith
Help please. PIP was created by Margaret Smith
My daughter had been receiving PIP. (She has Aspergers Syndrome and Dyspraxia) She had a re assessment (we did not use the guide on here), and now she has been told that she will not receive any PIP at all. We want to ask for a mandatory reconsideration notice, but should I write a supporting letter to why she should receive it? We have noticed mistakes in the reasons why she cannot have it.

Thank you for any help offered.
Margaret

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163240 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Help please. PIP
Hello Margaret

Before I try to answer your question, your full name is showing; if you want to change that, please go to

My full name is showing,how can I stop it ?

To help you find your way round the site, please go to

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If you then go to the section on PIP (under Members only Guides) it will talk you through requesting Mandatory Reconsideration for your daughter's claim. You have only one month from the date on your award letter, so you should start collecting supportive evidence as soon as you can.

You say that you have found discrepancies in your daughter's actual needs and the assessor's opinion of her needs, so you need to go through the report carefully and outline all the areas where the assessor has made mistakes and outline these in your claim form.

I hope this is enough information to help you make a start on your claim. If you need further help, please get back to us. If you bookmark this page then you will find your post easiy and it will make it easier for us to help you. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.