× Members

DLA to AA

More
7 years 9 months ago #163232 by Popcorn79
DLA to AA was created by Popcorn79
How complicated can things get for those of us who claim DLA, I am 68 in Dec and claim DLA ( Broke my neck 2009) though I can walk etc my accident has left many after effects of pain and limits my activities but I have a very good husband who helps me bathe etc.. I also have arthritis and again I have to rely on my husband to prepare meals etc. I feel aggrieved that I only get the lower rate and if I was on AA would receive more even on lower rate. I know it's better than nothing and it is a help but we have both worked since 15 years old and never claimed anything. We get less pension than those retiring now. I read now a possibility of AA being passed on to local government where does that leave myself and others in a similar position? We don't have a bursting bank balance and welcome every penny.
Oh well that's of my chest I hope it helps others to know none of us are alone. Hey ho. :unsure: :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163235 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic DLA to AA
Hi Ruth's

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you can't claim Attendance Allowance?

If you look at the sidebar and click on Other Benefits, it will explain to you what the criteria are for claiming the benefit,. From what you have said you appear to fill all the required criteria,

Just to make sure that you can claim, phone 0345 605 6055 and someone will explain to you whether you have to close down your claim for DLA or you can claim both together.

I hope that's been of some help; good luck with your application. :)

More
7 years 9 months ago #163303 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to AA

Ruth's wrote: How complicated can things get for those of us who claim DLA, I am 68 in Dec and claim DLA ( Broke my neck 2009) though I can walk etc my accident has left many after effects of pain and limits my activities but I have a very good husband who helps me bathe etc.. I also have arthritis and again I have to rely on my husband to prepare meals etc. I feel aggrieved that I only get the lower rate and if I was on AA would receive more even on lower rate. I know it's better than nothing and it is a help but we have both worked since 15 years old and never claimed anything. We get less pension than those retiring now. I read now a possibility of AA being passed on to local government where does that leave myself and others in a similar position? We don't have a bursting bank balance and welcome every penny.
Oh well that's of my chest I hope it helps others to know none of us are alone. Hey ho. :unsure: :unsure:

Please see my answer when you asked this same question a month ago.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=109508#159752

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.