× Members

pip appointee

More
7 years 9 months ago #163247 by janev
pip appointee was created by janev
hi i need answer really quick - i am appointee for daughter since was 14 now 21 - has cancelled first appointment for ass from dla (as runs out this month) to pip they say i MUST attend next one with her or will chuck out her claim - i am agraphobic and cant attend - can i send someone as my representative with her or change appointee to someone else? her appointment is on monday 18th
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163276 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip appointee

janev wrote: hi i need answer really quick - i am appointee for daughter since was 14 now 21 - has cancelled first appointment for ass from dla (as runs out this month) to pip they say i MUST attend next one with her or will chuck out her claim - i am agraphobic and cant attend - can i send someone as my representative with her or change appointee to someone else? her appointment is on monday 18th
thanks

I don't see any reason why another responsible adult would be a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163286 by janev
Replied by janev on topic pip appointee
thanks for your reply but i really need to know how it stands in law - or she is going to lose her claim
does anyone know please ?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip appointee

janev wrote: thanks for your reply but i really need to know how it stands in law - or she is going to lose her claim
does anyone know please ?

Did they say that "YOU" specifically must attend or that "you" (generally) must attend, the second example being because you can only rearrange an appointment once.

There is no requirement for you to be the person who attends with her.

I'm not suggesting that someone else attending is an ideal solution and it may damage her claim if they are unable to explain what care and mobility needs she has, assuming that she cannot do this for herself.

Why did you cancel the first appointment?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163307 by janev
Replied by janev on topic pip appointee
yes they said it had to be her appointee it says on the letter she cannot attend unless accompanied by appointee

she missed first one as they made the appointment for early morning when we had specifically explained in pip form that she has a sleep phase disorder (as well as M E ) and is not able to attend morning appointments

More
7 years 9 months ago #163309 by Gordon
PG

It's the first time I have seen this!

Could you attend if a third party was with you?

If no then the only option would be home assessment, but you may struggle to get one, my best advice is for you to contact your MP immediately and explain the situation.

Contacting your MP

Include your daughter's National Insurance Number in your email as they will need this as a reference for the DWP and Capita.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: janev

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.