× Members

Aggressive and rude assessor Capita

• wilsonsv63@aol.com
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #163252 by wilsonsv63@aol.com
Aggressive and rude assessor Capita was created by wilsonsv63@aol.com
hi,
Had my DLA to pip face to face yesterday with one of the rudest, most aggressive person I've ever had the misfortune to be assessed by in the 25years I've had M.E. Can anyone tell me if they've experienced the following;
Not allowing me to consult my notes (I have to do this as I have an awful memory)
Not allowing my carer to speak
Telling me to hurry my answers as we were running out of time
In general she was very rude, when I said I was finding her manner aggressive she said she would just terminate the assessment!
Any ideas if this is allowed?
I feel as though I've been in a boxing ring for 10 rounds and am very upset and thoroughly exhausted today.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163281 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Aggressive and rude assessor Capita
S

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

We have seen this before and it is not acceptable behaviour, your can make a complaint if you wish.

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilsonsv63@aol.com

More
7 years 9 months ago #163341 by alison
Replied by alison on topic Aggressive and rude assessor Capita
hi sandra ,
sorry to hear uve had such a bad experiance ,i also had a woman who did my assesment mine was a home one ,when she first arrived she seemed okish ,,but as the questions started flying in i wasnt having a chance to reply to them as ide liked to have done she constantly interupted me or told me shed heard enough and had the info she needed on that question,i suffer severe anxiety ,agrophobia nd depression ,,she had no compasion watsoever ,i was in tears most of the time through it ad also very panicy ,sweating shaking the works ,,as i also have oestio athritus in spine hands knees and feet i went to show her a picture on my mobile my daughter had taken for me to show how swollen my hands get and even just by doing sumtin as simple as drying a cup with tea towel my fingers actualy go purple with bruises when i have a real bad flare,,she wasnt interseted at all,. however in the report she wrote i managed to handle my mobile fine and used it without difficulty, felt cheated after reading the report and thought to myself why did i even bother to try for PIP ,as the assesor who did mine just lied right through report ,nothing i said made a damn difference ,they seriously need training for this job ,we are human beings with illnesses but they make us out to feel like liars and cheats ,, it so wrong ,,

More
7 years 9 months ago #163361 by Treacle1983
Replied by Treacle1983 on topic Aggressive and rude assessor Capita
I had to several times ask my lady to slow down and let me fully answer the questions as she was just rushing from one to the next - waiting only for a sentence answer before moving on.

I also had to ask several times if she had noted things down as she didn't seem to be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilsonsv63@aol.com

• wilsonsv63@aol.com
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #163402 by wilsonsv63@aol.com
Replied by wilsonsv63@aol.com on topic Aggressive and rude assessor Capita
You poor thing. It is so similar to my assessment, I feel absolutely bullied by this awful rude woman. Similarly to you, I wanted to show her something from Action for M.E and she said...."I don't care what they have to say" and wouldn't let me carry on with that. I to,d her I'd had suicidal thoughts when she asked and she still continued to bully and hurry me. 10 minutes into the interview I told her I felt she was being aggressive and she just got worse :( I now find she has closed my case 'failure to comply' when she stated that I'd just need to come back to complete the assessment as it had taken more than an hour! She gave the reason as it took too long as my carer kept interrupting, which was a total lie as one of my complaints was she wouldn't even let my carer speak, even when I was struggling for my words (as is one of my problems and hence why I needed a carer with me!) So lies as well as total humiliation through the bullying, hurrying and aggressiveness. Capita are recalling my case and I am formally going to complain, but we really don't need this, it is so stressful already isn't it? Haven't slept since it happened and still keep crying. My niece has typed this for me while I lie in bed trying to recover. The woman is a liar, a cheat and a bully. But I won't lie down and take it even if it uses the very last ounce of strength I ever have. So many people have committed suicide or just given up its scandalous.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.