× Members

carers allowance or JSA while I appeal?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163271 by MCFH
Hi, I have ME and just had the results of my re-assessment as 0 points (I was previously in the Support Group).
I am going to ask for the decision to be reviewed.
In the meantime the letter says to claim JSA, but the thought of having to go to sign on and do interviews is causing me a lot of stress. However my Mum gets Attendance Allowance and no-one is getting Carers Allowance re her, so I was wondering if I claimed Carers Allowance instead of JSA would this affect my chances of a successful appeal re my ESA?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163292 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic carers allowance or JSA while I appeal?

MCFH wrote: Hi, I have ME and just had the results of my re-assessment as 0 points (I was previously in the Support Group).
I am going to ask for the decision to be reviewed.
In the meantime the letter says to claim JSA, but the thought of having to go to sign on and do interviews is causing me a lot of stress. However my Mum gets Attendance Allowance and no-one is getting Carers Allowance re her, so I was wondering if I claimed Carers Allowance instead of JSA would this affect my chances of a successful appeal re my ESA?
Thanks

There is no reason why it should affect your appeal as it is being done after the Decision was made, however, it will be taken into account at any future assessment should your ESA be reinstated.

You do have the option, if you claim Carers Allowance of then claiming Income Support as a Carer.

You would need to get face to face advice as to whether this would be to your advantage or not, you also need to check whether your claiming CA will affect your mother's benefit payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCFH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.