× Members

Permitted Work Support Group to WRAG

More
7 years 9 months ago #163282 by ADS
Hi I want to know what happens to ESA if you are current doing Permitted Work (Support Group) where you can do permitted unlimited - if you are subsequently reassessed and placed into WRAG which has a 52 week limit.

Surely with a new award (namely to move from Support Group to WRAG) there should also be a new period of Permitted Work (Higher Level) from the date of the new change.

Surely they cannot take the previous 52 weeks of being in support group into account for a new change to WRAG.

Surely they should place you into the Permitted Work Higher Level from the date of the new change?

Can anyone help to clarify this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163297 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted Work Support Group to WRAG
A

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your email address is showing as your forum name you must change this immediately, follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

The 52 weeks would start from when the claimant was put into the WRAG.

As an aside there are plans to remove the 52 week restriction for WRAG claimants.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163560 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted Work Support Group to WRAG
ADS

I've done some more checking and I think that my initial response was incorrect, my assumption was that the PW would be treated as new as it was the first time that the PW has been carried out while in the WRAG, however, the following RightNet discussion on the subject suggests that the definition of previous PW is not limited to the WRAG and that a previous period of PW in the SG could be considered. See

www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/9989/

I would suggest that should you be moved to the WRG that you make a new application to carry out PW, that way it would be the DWP making a decision on the subject rather than you making an assumption, which should remove the risk of a recoverable over payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.