× Members

Bridget's PIP topic

More
7 years 9 months ago #163254 by Didt
Support Group!! was created by Didt
Good morning, hoping you can advise.....I received DLA for the past 4 years low rate care and high rate mobility, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's almost 10 years ago now. My PIP application results were received last Saturday no care component and standard rate mobility. In my written application I stated that my partner prepared and cooked meals at least 5 days out of 7 due to my constant fatigue particularly after work ( I work 3 days a week to maintain my mortgage but even three days are becoming hard now) I was awarded 2 points for using an aid, and 0 points for meds even though I use a dossett box and stated how complex my meds were and how frequently they change. On the mobility component I was awarded 0 for following a journey despite saying I could not travel safely on public transport and I would not drive an unfamiliar journey as the stress would accerbate my symptoms but I did receive 5 points for moving around. I called the DWP to ask for a mandatory reconsideration and they phoned me back Sunday morning I also received a text Monday to say they received my request and I do not need to contact them as they are looking at this now. I am wondering if I should send a letter or will they just contact me once they have reviewed it. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163287 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Support Group!!
Bridget

I've moved your post to it's own topic, we ask members not to post in others topics, it's not fair on the original poster and can lead to the wrong advice being given and taken.

Revision rates at MR are very low, but I think it very unlikely that they will change the Decision if you do not supply additional information.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation.

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Some quick points for you to consider;

When you explained that you cannot cook due to fatigue did you give specific examples of the problems that you have.

The Going out activity considers the issues that a claimant with mental health, cognitive or sensory problems would have following a route, physical problems such as your fatigue will not be considered.

You say you scored 5 points for Moving Around, do you mean 8 points?

Once you have the assessment report, go through it with your PIP2 form and the PIP Claim guide to make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria to score points, many of the Descriptors have multiple elements and you need to meet all of them to score.

Also, have you made full use of "reliably" and "for the majority of days" when describing you limitations.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.