× Members

A suggestion re Pip recording equipment

More
7 years 9 months ago #163288 by Yorkiegal73
A suggestion re Pip recording equipment was created by Yorkiegal73
For most people, myself included, the only recording equipment permitted for PIP medical is far too expensive to buy and impossible to rent.
I've had my medical now but have today emailed my local Mind office to suggest they fundraise to buy the necessary equipment and make it available to loan out to claimants in my area. Perhaps it would be worth trying to do this with the larger charities who have local offices throughout the country. I know it shouldn't be up to them but it would be a practical and relatively cheap way of supporting disabled people to stay out of poverty. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163301 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic A suggestion re Pip recording equipment

Yorkiegal73 wrote: For most people, myself included, the only recording equipment permitted for PIP medical is far too expensive to buy and impossible to rent.
I've had my medical now but have today emailed my local Mind office to suggest they fundraise to buy the necessary equipment and make it available to loan out to claimants in my area. Perhaps it would be worth trying to do this with the larger charities who have local offices throughout the country. I know it shouldn't be up to them but it would be a practical and relatively cheap way of supporting disabled people to stay out of poverty. What do you think?

I'm afraid I think it unlikely to happen, how would it be managed?

I'm not suggesting that cost would not be an issue for some but two cassette recorders can be used for the recording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163437 by boolybooly
Replied by boolybooly on topic A suggestion re Pip recording equipment
I was able to do it with two cassette recorders from Amazon for just under £43 including tapes and batteries.

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0044AG2G8/r...03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was not a good quality recording even on the normal speed setting (its important they are both on the same setting and that is better quality on normal) but it doesn't need to be that good. My helper had to turn the tapes round halfway through.

It is a lot cheaper than a Coomber and lighter too.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163475 by janev
Replied by janev on topic A suggestion re Pip recording equipment
i have just rung atos to inform them will be recording assessment on monday - with 2 seperate tape recorders which i know has been done before by people but guy saying its not allowed must be 1 machine and assessment will be cancelled. said takes 2 days to get to speak to a manager so that will be too late - what can i do ?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163492 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic A suggestion re Pip recording equipment

janev wrote: i have just rung atos to inform them will be recording assessment on monday - with 2 seperate tape recorders which i know has been done before by people but guy saying its not allowed must be 1 machine and assessment will be cancelled. said takes 2 days to get to speak to a manager so that will be too late - what can i do ?

You have really left it very late to make the request! It is possible that this will now be treated as one of your two opportunities to attend.

We recommend that the request is made in writing.

There is no legal requirement for the recording to be performed using a single machine, as you say, other members have used two cassette recorders without problem, you do not need to tell then what you will be doing the recording with, only that you can provide two simultaneous recordings.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.