× Members

Pip assessment 1 yr into 2yr award

More
7 years 9 months ago #163305 by marcus welbourn
Pip assessment 1 yr into 2yr award was created by marcus welbourn
I was awarded pip daily living allowance in March 2015 for 2 years however after exactly one year in received a blatant application form for pip and a letter saying it was a questionnaire?
Then an appointment for a medical which I attended and my health had drastically gone down hill in just that year and supplied medical evidence from the hospital.
I received a letter many weeks later telling me they were sorry for the delay and had got the information and reports needed about my condition and how it affects me and would contact me with the decision shortly!
I have osteoarthritis nerve damage prolapsed disc and an eating disorder and a problem with my bladder!
Is this normal as it seems like there trying to stop my money or something so wondered if anyone could advise me!
Thanks
Marcus My first time using the forum!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163320 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip assessment 1 yr into 2yr award
Hello Marcus

Just in case you aren't aware - your full name is showing; if you want to alter this, go to:

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

As it's your first time using the forum, here is a guide to finding your way round:

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Unfortunately it's now quite common to receive a further claim form a year before your present claim is due to expire - you are not alone. All you can do, as you have done, is provide up to date evidence from all your medical support team and then wait and see what the decision maker awards you.

Should your award not be what you want, then you will have to apply for Mandatory Reconsideration (though hopefully it will not come to that). If that should happen then you must contact us again and we will help in any way we can. If you bookmark this page then you will be able to get back to us easily, and we will be able to identify your previous mail without any difficulty. Much easier all round than if you have to start a :) new topic.

I hope you have some good news soon. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.