× Members

Tricky questions at face to face PIP assessments?

More
7 years 10 months ago #165180 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic Tricky questions at face to face PIP assessments?
I too thought I had a sympathetic and fair assessor, and no trick questions, how wrong was I?

I scored 0 points for descriptor 9, Engaging with others face to face.
I suffer from anxiety and fatigue, but the HP stated this was inconsistent as she was able to engage with the assessor. I can't for the life of me know how I could have a face to face without engaging with the assessor. This was a home assessment with my daughter present and the HP stated I lacked concentration, suffered anxiety, was tearful, needed prompting from her daughter, looked ill and tired, some difficulty coping at interview and slow movements. Appears this is considered normal face to face engagement by the DWP ???

I also scored 0 points for descriptor 8, Reading and understanding signs, symbols and words.
I was asked by the assessor a closed question ' Can you read?' I answered 'yes I am not illiterate, however due to ME and FM I suffer brain fog, lack concentration, fatigue, and can't understand what I am reading'. The report states even though she reported difficulties with reading due to brain fog, poor concentration and poor memory she said in the functional history she can read. She does not have a reported learning difficulty therefore can complete this task reliably. Again the DWP completely ignored what I had put on my PIP2 and the debilitating symptoms of M.E and FM.

On arriving the HP asked me if she could change places with me. Didn't realise at the time but it was to see how I walked/ moved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220690 by Kat Ward
Good for you, just because you have a disability doesn’t mean your stupid...
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo, Waylay

More
5 years 7 months ago #220732 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Tricky questions at face to face PIP assessments?
I had two assessors do similar with trying to get me to plan a route; one at a home visit asked me directions back to her car. then, another time one phoned up said they were lost and asked directions to the house. My husband helped them.

Another one I had was asking the children's ages, then asking did I say (numbers) and the they used this to say I had a good memory. But knowing their ages is different to short term memory issues.

Have also had them saying they did formal memory tests etc when they didn't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

More
5 years 7 months ago #220757 by Waylay
Hi @mememe,

For engaging with others, see Tribunal decision CPIP 2685 2016. This decision points out that this activity applies in a social environment. Assessments, hospital appointments, etc. are not social environments.

Cheers,

W
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cam4CtN, Timewarp, duckduckdo, Jo2468

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.