× Members

How soon can can I get PIP assessor's report?

More
7 years 9 months ago #163312 by pg
I am still reeling from my shock Capita PIP face-to-face home assessment, which took place at two and a half day's written notice. Sadly, because of this timescale, my appointment took place without the continuous support of my main carer. I know now, I should have immediately rescheduled, but I was not confident about the one remaining future appointment date.

Whatever happens, I want to see this bogus report as soon as possible. Do I have to wait for the DWP decision maker and mandatory reconsideration, or can I ask DWP or Capita for a copy as soon as it appears? If I need to challenge aspects of this assessment then the 28 day timescale is very tight, especially if they post it from the same place!

I should have joined this site sooner. Shoulda woulda coulda.
I don't believe people with poor mental health should be penalised by being forced to accept short notice appointments. Opting for postal rather than telephone communication due to anxiety should not disadvantage people like this. OK, a postal appointment may take a day or two longer to arrive. But five days delay for an appointment due within seven days??? Stalinist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163321 by shelam
Hello pg

you can request a copy of the assessor's report now - if you telephone and request a copy, I would also follow up the telephone request with a written confirmation.

You have one month to apply for Mandatory Reconsideration from the date on your award letter. Since you haven't yet received this, you can be using the time to gather together the information which you obviously feel you are going to need to support your reconsideration claim.

If you haven't already made use of the guides on the site, go to

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You should be able to find your way to the PIP area of Members only Guides and find all the information you need to help you fill in your Mandatory Recon form.

If you feel you need any more help, please get back to us. Bookmark this page, and you will get back to us easily without starting a new topic - this makes it uch easier for us to deal with your queries.

Good luck with the form. :)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected url

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.