× Members

ESA query

More
7 years 9 months ago #163318 by Kaz60
ESA query was created by Kaz60
I filled in form ESA 50 for my son on 24th May 2016. He has dyspraxia and mild learning difficulties which is a life long condition.
He has been in receipt of ESA of £73.65 since that date, but we have heard nothing since then regarding what happens next?? His medical certificate runs out at the end of July, so do we just ask the doctor for another and if so where do we send it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163331 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA query
Hi Kaz and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid it can take some time for the claim to progress. Your son might be sent an appointment for a face to face appointment or a decision could be made without it. Although most claims are decided withing a few weeks, we do hear from members who have been waiting for a year or more!

If you wish, you can contact Maximus to ask how things are going, they answered me promptly when I emailed a similar question.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Meanwhile, the assessment rate will continue to be paid as long as your son continues to submit 'fitnotes' from his GP. These should be sent to the DWP address on the most recent letter from them.

You might wish to bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future. This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your son's ESA without having to start a new topic each time. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in one place - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaz60

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.