× Members

PIP Mandatory reassessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #163407 by standswithafist
PIP Mandatory reassessment was created by standswithafist
Hello, can you tell me how long from sending the letter for mandatory reconsideration for PIP it takes before I receive a decision letter?
Assuming that the decision is not changed, how long on average does it take for an appeal to be heard and decision overturned?
Also, is there a list of where tribunabl appeals are held?
I live in Chester and today received a letter changing High Rate Care DLA to Nothing on PIP (7 pts) and naturally will appeal against that.

Thanks for your help.

M.C.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163427 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mandatory reassessment

standswithafist wrote: Hello, can you tell me how long from sending the letter for mandatory reconsideration for PIP it takes before I receive a decision letter?
Assuming that the decision is not changed, how long on average does it take for an appeal to be heard and decision overturned?
Also, is there a list of where tribunabl appeals are held?
I live in Chester and today received a letter changing High Rate Care DLA to Nothing on PIP (7 pts) and naturally will appeal against that.

Thanks for your help.

M.C.

MR takes anywhere from 1 week to 5-6, more usually the latter, although they can take months.

Tribunals are probably 2-4 months and it can take a further 5-8 weeks for payments to be sorted out if the claimant wins.

You can find a local venue on the following page

courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/search/aol

select "Social Security" towards the bottom

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163429 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic PIP Mandatory reassessment
After three weeks I sent a letter saying it was now nearly a calendar month from the decision and I had heard nothing from them and also not had a copy of the medical report I requested in writing, they sent the MR very quickly after.

Not sure if this was a co-incidence or the letter helped, but might be worth writing to chase it up.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163478 by standswithafist
Replied by standswithafist on topic PIP Mandatory reassessment
Thanks for your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.