× Members

DLA Ending ..Letter arrived

More
7 years 9 months ago #163409 by Edwin
DLA Ending ..Letter arrived was created by Edwin
Hi all..firstly I am sorry if this has been covered already....My Letter saying DLA is ending has arrived...And I must claim for PIP...I have been on DLA for many many years...I suffer from PSTD and I have difficulty speaking to and engaging with strangers ...I am therefore dreading this phone call I have to make...I think someone will have to make it for me...As I just go into meltdown ...Since I was diagnosed over ten years ago....Question 1..Will I have to give all details of treatment and provide copies of all hospital treatment etc....My GP is very good and I am sure she would help me in terms of providing information...Question 2...Is it better to get the GP to write a letter "to whom it may concern" ..Or just provide GP's details in order for the DWP to contact her....I appreciate any help ..Thanks in advance...Edwin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163428 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Ending ..Letter arrived
Edwin

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide it explains how to make a claim for PIP, you won't be asked to go into detail about your conditions during the initial phone call, it's just to check your eligibility to make a claim.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You'll be asked to explain your health problems in detail when you receive the PIP2 which is usually 7-10 days after you make the call.

As to your GP, I would do both, those assessing are unlikely to contact anybody you list on the forms but they may.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163472 by Edwin
Replied by Edwin on topic DLA Ending ..Letter arrived
Hi Gordon...Thanks for your response...And advice...How long do I get to fill in the documentation ..As I know my GP is about to go on Holiday....Cheers...Edwin

More
7 years 9 months ago #163490 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA Ending ..Letter arrived

Edwin wrote: Hi Gordon...Thanks for your response...And advice...How long do I get to fill in the documentation ..As I know my GP is about to go on Holiday....Cheers...Edwin

You'll initially be given four week to complete the PIP2 although this will include the time it takes to get to you.

If you are having problems completing it in this time then you can request a two week extension, if you need to do this, then make the request in week 3 so there is time for it to be allowed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edwin

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.