× Members

Pip1

More
7 years 9 months ago #163424 by Fizgog1
Pip1 was created by Fizgog1
When I make the phone call regarding pip1 one of the questions is, can 'they' or any organisation working for them contact my dr for information. I feel reluctant to say yes, as I want to provide the most relevant information from my health care professionals. In fact, I have already discussed with my dr an agreed letter of support. Will this go against me in anyway if I say no.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip1

Fizgog1 wrote: When I make the phone call regarding pip1 one of the questions is, can 'they' or any organisation working for them contact my dr for information. I feel reluctant to say yes, as I want to provide the most relevant information from my health care professionals. In fact, I have already discussed with my dr an agreed letter of support. Will this go against me in anyway if I say no.

I'm not aware of any specific requirement for you to authorise the DWP to contact your health professionals, although a member was told earlier in the week that they could not make a claim if they did not.

The likelihood is that they won't contact them anyway and personally I see no advantage in withholding permission.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163458 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic Pip1
Cheers Gordon, you're a star.
I think I have probably totally misunderstood 'contacting my doctor' to mean access to my medical records, which I would never give permission for.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163460 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip1

Fizgog1 wrote: Cheers Gordon, you're a star.
I think I have probably totally misunderstood 'contacting my doctor' to mean access to my medical records, which I would never give permission for.

I would not expect DWP to do anything more than ask your GP for a report. If that.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta. Reason: tidied up quote
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliza1091, Fizgog1

More
7 years 9 months ago #163469 by Fizgog1
Replied by Fizgog1 on topic Pip1
Thanks Mrs Hurtyback, just completed pip1call, not as bad as expected. It's now the hard work begins. Will be following your guides to the letter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eliza1091, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.