× Members

Advice on ESA f2f exceptional circumstances

More
7 years 9 months ago #163489 by julie
Hi I don't know if anyone can help me. I am on ESA contribution based in the support group, I was migrated there in 2013 on paperwork only( no face to face)

I was awarded it on exceptional circumstances as I have chronic renal failure, but I do not know the full details of how the award was made, as I asked for the DWP paperwork at the time as to how I had been placed in the group, but I just got one of their normal"standard letters so I was none the wiser.

Anyway back in April I filled out an ESA50( just as I have done before, going by the guidelines on this site, but much to my surprise I have been called for a face to face ( next Friday 22ndJuly)

what i was wondering is I do not get my benefit on "points scored" so how will this test go? will I just be asked if I have my condition and if it has improved? ( which it hasn't if fact it has declined)) has anyone been in this situation as all advice well received ( I am taking an advocate with my from the British kidney patients association so she will be a huge help)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Advice on ESA f2f exceptional circumstances
Julie

If your original award was on the basis of the Exceptional Circumstances, then you will need to show that their is currently a substantial risk of harm to you if your were to be asked to perform Work Related Activity.

It's likely that the assessment will follow the standard script, have a look at the ESA Claim guides, there's a section at the back that covers this.

There's also a section that covers qualifying under the EC's.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: julie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.