× Members

Pip re assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #163495 by Mike
Pip re assessment was created by Mike
Hi everyone
I have on Monday a pip re assessment although my current claim ( standard for both daily care and mobility ) is valid until May 2017 , my question is why would I have to be re assessed this early and as my condition is now worse than in my original pip claim ( arthritis in most joints now spread to my spine due to a back injury ) if I happen to be awarded enhanced instead of standard would this start straight away or when my original claim ends next May, any info on this would be helpful
Thanks
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163501 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip re assessment

Mike wrote: Hi everyone
I have on Monday a pip re assessment although my current claim ( standard for both daily care and mobility ) is valid until May 2017 , my question is why would I have to be re assessed this early and as my condition is now worse than in my original pip claim ( arthritis in most joints now spread to my spine due to a back injury ) if I happen to be awarded enhanced instead of standard would this start straight away or when my original claim ends next May, any info on this would be helpful
Thanks
Mike

I'm afraid the majority of PIP claimants are being reassessed a year in advance of their current award ending.

If your receive an increased award then it will apply from the date the new Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.