× Members

ESA called for Assessment but it didn't happen!

More
7 years 9 months ago #163508 by John Pearce
After waiting months since I filled in the ESA 50 work capability questionnaire with the help and guidance of your wonderful guides I was surprised to be called for an Assessment. This caused me an enormous spike of anxiety as I was not called for an examination the last time my ESA claim was examined.

Again to your excellent guidance saved the day. I got my wife to call the DWP and request a copy of the assessors report and a copy of a recording of the assessment. Hey presto the next DAY a letter arrived postponing the Assessment, and low and behold there was another letter making a new appointment at a different place and time! What's going on here? I suspect that the first location offered to me didn't have the facilities to carry out my request! I got my wife to ring the DWP again to ensure that the message had got through that I wanted copies of the Assessment and surprise surprise they backed down and said they already had sufficient information to consider my case and the Assessment was cancelled tout suite! A letter arrived the next day confirming that. My wife asked that their decision be communicated to me ASAP as it was causing me great anxiety and distress, but no it would take a fortnight. The letter confirming I would stay in the Support Group took more than a month to arrive.
So they need not have subjected me to such a stressful period of worry, but I got the correct decision in the end. It just shows that they will back down if you are able to fight your corner, a valuable lesson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163515 by Gordon
JP

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Very glad to hear you that you have retained your Support Group award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163528 by Ruby
Hi and congratulations on your outcome. Can I just clarify did your wife contact the DWP itself or Maximus? If it was the DWP what contact details did she use please?
Many thanks in advance
Ruby

More
7 years 9 months ago #163545 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic ESA called for Assessment but it didn't happen!
How long is the award for.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.