× Members

ESA 'The Decision Making Team'

More
7 years 9 months ago #163533 by stuart
ESA 'The Decision Making Team' was created by stuart
This is my first post,so I hope that I am posting in the correct place,apologies if not. I have just had an ESA medical (04/07/2016). I have just received a letter from the DWP Decision Making Team,asking me to contact them BY PHONE, regarding 'some important changes to your ESA', (they don't hold a phone number for me).I guess they are going to tell me that I do not meet the threshold for ESA. Do I have to contact them by phone? Or can I send them a letter,asking them to send me a letter,regarding the 'important changes to your ESA'? I will be wanting a 'mandatory reconsideration',but I don't want the DWP staff to be asking questions over the phone regarding certain points about the ESA medical,and I become slightly confused and give them a 'wrong' answer.I would much rather be able to sit down and read the reasons as to why I should not be awarded ESA,and then give them a much more in-depth reply. Sorry if this is a long first post,but I would need to ring the DWP by Tuesday at the latest. Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163537 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic ESA 'The Decision Making Team'
Hello Stuart

I think you are quite within your rights to contact the DWP by letter, explaining that you are not able to respond adequately to any of their questions by telephone

If you explain that you become confused when using the telephone and would much prefer to be able to refer to any questions they may have to ask by letter - which means you have the chance to think carefully about any questions, and formulate a satisfactory answer over time - you will be able to give a much better answer to anything they need to know.

I believe also (and other members might be able to confirm this) that you can request that ANY future contact from the DWP should be by letter. If you mention this also in your letter, hopefully you will be able to avoid any similar upset in the future. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stuart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.