× Members

PIP re assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #163535 by Saradan
PIP re assessment was created by Saradan
I was awarded enhanced rate for both mobility and daily living until June 2017. I completed re assessment form and returned the form recorded delivery on the 6th of July and it was received by DWP on 7th July. My first award in 2014 was before I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in May 2015. I sent a copy of the report detailing my diagnosis along with photo copies of my last assessment which was done at my home address and points awarded by DWP decision maker, a photocopy of the letter giving me the date I was to be assessed at my home address and I requested another home assessment .
Yesteday I received a letter from Capita dated 12/07/16 notifying me that the DWP had passed my application details to them and explaining that a health professional would review the information I had provided and decide if I needed an assessment either at an assessment centre or at home.

This morning I received another letter from Capita also dated 12/07 /16 informing me that this health professional has looked at my information and decided that I do indeed need another face to face assessment at a local assessment centre 29/07/16.
How can the Qualified Health official or the DWP have looked at the form or the information supplied by myself in such a short space of time and decided that I need to be assessed face to face? I am on the enhanced rate now so given that my health is worse now I have Fibromyalgia , logically I should not need to have a face to face assessment, and if I did it should take place at home as my first assessment was ...by Capita.
Can you please advise me as to how or who I need to speak to as the stress of this re assessment procedure has impacted on my pain levels, as stress is a big factor when struggling to cope with Fibromyalgia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163588 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP re assessment
Saradan

I'm afraid you cannot assume that just because your conditions have worsened that you would not need a face to face, decisions on this are made on the level of detail supplied in and with the PIP2 form. Those assessing you may not even look at your current award and the reasons your received it at your last assessment.

I'm afraid there is little that a claimant can do to "force" a paper assessment, has your GP provided any information in regard the reassessment process.

You may find it easier to arrange a home assessment, but you will only be given one if your GP writes to Capita explaining why you cannot attend at their premises.

The only other thing I can suggest is for you to contact your MP, they may be able to pressure Capita into a paper assessment, but if not then I am afraid you will have to attend or you risk your PIP claim being closed.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163641 by Saradan
Replied by Saradan on topic PIP re assessment
I telephoned Capita at ten past eight this morning and requested a home assessment , as I had a home assessment by Capita when I made my claim two years ago, after speaking to her manager the lady dealing with my call arranged a home visit for two days before the appointment I was given for an assessment in a centre. Thank you for your reply .
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.