× Members

Requesting name of examiner ESA medical in advance

More
7 years 9 months ago #163540 by emmasmum
Hi.
I've got the dreaded medical for ESA in a few weeks & I'm worried sick it may be the same examiner I had in 2012. I'm aware that lots of the ATOS HCPs were taken on by Maximus & want to know if its possible to request a change in advance if it is the same HCP?

To cut a long story short his very inaccurate report initially lost me my full DLA award (I sent lots of proof etc from consultants, GP etc but his report was deemed most valid) - my award was later reinstated at tribunal.

I put in a formal complaint in to Atos about his poor report at the time. I am very worried I wont get a fair assessment if it is him again.

Thanks for any assistance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163590 by Gordon

bobber31 wrote: Hi.
I've got the dreaded medical for ESA in a few weeks & I'm worried sick it may be the same examiner I had in 2012. I'm aware that lots of the ATOS HCPs were taken on by Maximus & want to know if its possible to request a change in advance if it is the same HCP?

To cut a long story short his very inaccurate report initially lost me my full DLA award (I sent lots of proof etc from consultants, GP etc but his report was deemed most valid) - my award was later reinstated at tribunal.

I put in a formal complaint in to Atos about his poor report at the time. I am very worried I wont get a fair assessment if it is him again.

Thanks for any assistance

As you made a formal complaint about the assessor it would be reasonable for you to contact Maximus to ask that they ensure that it is not this assessor that is allocated to your claim.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163617 by emmasmum
Thanks Gordon. I have phoned them & they were very helpful. They said I need to ring on the day of the assessment & ask them to check it is not the said person - if it is, they can swap HCPs.

The rep I spoke to said it is in their best interests too to make sure there hasn't been any prior grievances between the HCP & claimant, so the assessment is completely impartial & fair. I felt really reassured by his empathy & reassurance. Here's hoping the HCP is as fair!

Thanks again. I'm off to read up on all the site's advice & info on the assessment process.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.