× Members

PIP 1

More
7 years 9 months ago #163549 by eigenmode
PIP 1 was created by eigenmode
I received the letter inviting me to claim PIP. I phoned up and gave verbal answers to the questions. The clerk on the other end of the phone then asked did I want them to use evidence I had previously submitted to be considered? I am currently on DLA (Indefinite Award).

Never heard of this before. I was under the impression that this was a totally different benefit to DLA, scored differently, biased differently, etc. I was put in the ESA Support Group on the basis of the ESA 50 I filled in. Do they mean this evidence?

I was quite happy to say they could do so, and asked whether they had the older evidence and she said yes. All my submissions for ESA (and previously DLA) add up to a clear history of deterioration in my condition.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163597 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 1
Mike

This is a standard question when starting a PIP claim and they do mean your last DLA assessment and not any ESA one that you have had recently.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: eigenmode

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.