× Members

ESA and PIP together

More
7 years 9 months ago #163584 by justme
ESA and PIP together was created by justme
I have just sent my forms off for renewal for ESA. Then got a letter saying DLA was ending. I phoned them up to start claim for PIP. Unfortunately I answered yes that they can use my old application notes, I missed your advise saying to say no to that question.
Three years ago I went through 18 months of sheer hell with tribunals for both ESA and DLA and I won both. But it took a lot out of me and I had help then which I haven't got now, eg. Benefit Advice centers are all closed down, and CAB are the only option left to me to help with form filling etc. I'm not sure if I can go through both again I'm finding it all too much again, too soon.
Do I still have to follow through and claim PIP even though I have made the phonecall. I live alone and no family, friends to help and I dont think I can take both on again at the same time as I did 3 year ago. Do I have to carry on with this PIP claim? Can I claim it at a later date? I'm in a turmoil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and PIP together
irnbru77

I'm afraid once an invitation to claim PIP has been issued you have no choice but to continue with it or you risk your DLA claim being closed in the short term rather than after a Decision has been made on your PIP claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163664 by Lily
Replied by Lily on topic ESA and PIP together
Why is it advised not to use previous notes thsnkyoub

More
7 years 9 months ago #163665 by Gordon

Lily wrote: Why is it advised not to use previous notes thsnkyoub

It's not!

But there are issues; many DLA claimants have not been assessed for some time and it possible that the old DLA evidence is no longer relevant to their conditions as they are now. There is also a possibility that the information is no longer available as the DWP regularly destroy old documents. Finally, there is the issue of whether those assessing will actually look at the information even if available.

Our recommendation is to source all evidence yourself, wherever possible and include it with your PIP2, that way you can ensure that the information is brought to the attention of those assessing you and that it is integrated into your answers in the PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #163667 by taylor
Replied by taylor on topic ESA and PIP together
Hi, hope this post is in correct place. If you agree to dwp using previous information they have, my question is do the dwp still send you a pip2 to fill in and return to them, if you have agreed to them using information they hold already. thanks.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163688 by Gordon

taylor wrote: Hi, hope this post is in correct place. If you agree to dwp using previous information they have, my question is do the dwp still send you a pip2 to fill in and return to them, if you have agreed to them using information they hold already. thanks.

Even if used the DLA information will still be old and oriented towards the DLA criteria, so the DWP will still issue a PP2 to find out how you are now and of course how well you meet the PIP criteria.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: taylor

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.