× Members

Awarded PIP!!

More
7 years 9 months ago #163625 by ROSIE75
Awarded PIP!! was created by ROSIE75
My son, who is 17 and severely sight impaired, had just been awarded PIP at the enhanced rate for both categories!! :woohoo: He didn't even have to have a face-to-face assessment! It says on the letter he received that they will contact him whilst he is on PIP to see if his needs have changed and to look at the amount he gets. They said that this will be after 12 June 2026. Does that mean that he will not have to have another review until after then? Ten years seems a very long time (although nobody is complaining)?!

Also, now that he is getting PIP, at the enhanced rate, we were wondering what other benefits he may be entitled to, such ESA or any disability/severe disability premiums etc.. He will be 18 next month and still has another year of A levels to complete. Any help would be most appreciated.

Finally, we just wanted to thank everyone on the website for their invaluable help which has enabled my son to get the award he ought to have!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163637 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Awarded PIP!!
That's great news Rosie! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W.

Yes, your son might now be able to claim ESA - it is only available to students if they are also in receipt of PIP. It is income-related ESA that attracts premiums. The claim process is similar to that for PIP, but your son will also need to support his claim with fitnotes from his GP.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163669 by ROSIE75
Replied by ROSIE75 on topic Awarded PIP!!
Thanks for that Mrs Hurtyback. Just to reiterate what I mentioned before, though, will the 10 year award for my son be correct or should I verify it with the DWP?

Also, where can I get more info about other benefits, etc.. that my son could be entitled to? Once again, many thanks for all your help.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163691 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Awarded PIP!!

ROSIE75 wrote: Thanks for that Mrs Hurtyback. Just to reiterate what I mentioned before, though, will the 10 year award for my son be correct or should I verify it with the DWP?

Also, where can I get more info about other benefits, etc.. that my son could be entitled to? Once again, many thanks for all your help.

If the Decision Letter says 10 years then they mean 10 years.

There is information about ESA in our Members Only area.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

I can't think of anything else that he can claim, but now that he has a Daily Living Award, you may be able to claim Carers Allowance and if successful Income Support subject to your personal circumstances.

www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/overview

www.gov.uk/income-support/overview

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.