× Members

Esa support grouo

More
7 years 9 months ago #163638 by mikegee1968
Esa support grouo was created by mikegee1968
Hi I have recently had a wca and have been informed by dwp that i have been placed in support group for 12months. Is this a good result or should i appeal?. I was previously in wrag for 4years. I was informed at wca that due to my mobility issues caused by angina that i had met criteria? Any observations would be greatly appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163651 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa support grouo
Hi Mikeyboy and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Congratulations on the Support Group award? When you talk about appealing, I presume you are talking about the duration of the award?

Unlike DLA/PIP, ESA is an indefinite award that has not binding reassessment date. The award will continue to be paid until a newer decision is made. DWP usually note the 'prognosis' which is when to expect reassessment.

The claimant is not usually informed of the prognosis unless they ask specifically. Did you do this, or is there some other reason for being aware of the prognosis?

However you became aware of it, the reassessment date is only advisory and does not form part of the decision. Hence there is no right of appeal against it (I guess this is what you were meaning when you spoke of appealing the decision, I can't think of any other reason for it?!).

If you have any further questions or comments about this please reply to this message and we will do our best to help.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikegee1968

More
7 years 9 months ago #163662 by mikegee1968
Replied by mikegee1968 on topic Esa support grouo
Thank you so much for your prompt response it is very much appreciated! In a nutshell wca 4th july. I called dwp today informed in sg for one year which I am very pleased and relieved about I will call again to obtain copy medcal support. I think I will let 'sleeping dogs lie' Can I also please take this opportunity to thank from the bottom of my heart the fantastic Benefits and Work who without doubt secured my award. My subscription was worth every penny. Their Esa guilde was second to none I told the absolute truth on my Esa50 and in my assessment and got the result that I wanted and for that I am truly grateful!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
7 years 9 months ago #163663 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Esa support grouo
Thank you for those kind words, I am glad we were able to help :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikegee1968

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.