× Members

Any benefits available

More
7 years 9 months ago #163683 by mistymoo
Any benefits available was created by mistymoo
Hi there I have full entitlement on pip and my husband is on state pension I am not though finding it difficult to manage at the moment house needs loads of expensive repairs is there any benefit we might be entitled to that I don,t know about could do with a little help. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #163709 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Any benefits available
Hi Mistymoo,

You say you are not in receipt of State Retirement Pension. Are you claiming ESA? If you have worked up until recently you might be entitled to contributory ESA, otherwise you would have to look at income-related.

Income-related ESA would depend on your household income and assets. Your husband is not working (I assume) so you don't have to worry about the working hours criteria. Your household income needs to be low and your total assets below £16,000. You would also need a fitnote from your GP to start the claim.

Have you looked at a site such as 'turn2us' to see if you might be entitled to anything else? If not, it is certainly worth doing so. The same site also lists grants that might be available.

www.turn2us.org.uk/Find-Benefits-Grants

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris