× Members

ASSESSMENT REPORT FORM PA4

More
7 years 9 months ago #164037 by pippers
ASSESSMENT REPORT FORM PA4 was created by pippers
Hi,

Today I received my PIP assessment report PA4, there are a few discrepancies within the report, for example - Preparing food, Descriptor B. Needs to use an aid or appliance to be able to either prepare or cook a simple meal.

I cannot imagine what type of aid or appliance she was thinking I could use, don't get me wrong I would be extremely happy if some sort of aid/appliance would enable me to prepare and cook my own meals, I just can't for the life of me think what it could be.

A perching stool- I cannot sit upright for any length of time due to chronic back and leg pain, pins and needles, numbness and burning, I use crutches to stand and walk to alleviate some of the pressure and aid my balance, which the assessor has confirmed earlier in the report stating - is consistent with her condition.

As I am awaiting the DM's decision letter, could I send the DM a letter pointing out the discrepancies before he/she makes their decision on my claim, or just wait and see what I am awarded.
Going by the assessors report I would be awarded low rate care and high rate mobility.

Thank B&W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164057 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ASSESSMENT REPORT FORM PA4
You can write to the DM if you wish, there is nothing to be lost by doing so.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #167792 by pippers
Replied by pippers on topic ASSESSMENT REPORT FORM PA4
Hi,

Well I have been awarded low rate care 9 points and high rate mobility which I am pleased about.

There is one thing that is eating away at me, in the assessors report it states for 'preparing food' I could use an aid or appliance. The DM has agreed with this.
That would mean I would be able to stand or sit to prepare and cook a meal which I cannot due to having to use crutches when standing because of the chronic pain and for support of my balance.

The assessor has reported that I got on the examination couch, this was where she conducted the full physical examination on me whilst I was laid down and my lower back was being supported and my hands were free to do the grip test, I wasn't aware what the grip test was for at the time.

The DM in the 'My Decision' states:
You said you have difficulty preparing food. Your physical examination showed that you have good power and pinch grip in both hands. I have decided you would need aids to manage this activity,

In my PIP2 form I reported why I cannot stand freely (I have to use crutches to enable me to stand), nor can I sit on an upright chair, which is why I was on the couch and why I cannot prepare and cook a meal for myself.

I am in a quandary whether to contact the DM and explain that the physical examination was conducted whilst I was laid down not stood or sat.

What would you advise.

My concern is if I leave it and they do reduce the points come 2017 which I read in your news feed then my next PIP assessment could leave me with no care component due to this.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #167805 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ASSESSMENT REPORT FORM PA4
Hi Pippers,

I'm glad you have been given a decision you feel is right :)

We often hear from people who agree with the ward but have objections to part of the assessor's report.

I'm afraid there is little you can do about this, any letter you send to clarify the issue is likely to be interpreted as a request for MR - with the possibility of points going down rather than up!

The plans to remove points for aids has been abandoned, at least for the time being.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 7 months ago #167821 by pippers
Replied by pippers on topic ASSESSMENT REPORT FORM PA4
Thank you Mrs Hurtyback , and the mods on this site for all the knowledge and help this site provides, your a godsend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.