× Members

pip assessment

More
7 years 8 months ago #166130 by toys2
Replied by toys2 on topic pip assessment
Update....
Had (another) pip home assessment this morning ..the man that came was nice enough and was very apoligetic for the behaviour of the other assessor that came 3weeks ago
He gave me her name and explained tgst ge was redoing all her assessments today! . he had been given her report on me and apparently was full of nonsense so he deleted and wanted to start afresh

It couldnt of been any different from last time .. He was here for over an hour an half ..told me to get in touch with my local primary care ( his words were not as a assessor but as a nurse i would advise blah blah...)

Im not feeling to hopeful tho as he then went into great detail regarding appealing decision and how i should ho thru report and highlight what im not happy with
dwp are taking upto 8weeks at the moment for decisions .. Told me his report will be done tonight and will be with dwp by friday

When can i requst medical report ?

Kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166139 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip assessment
Toys

Give it a couple of days to be written up and then you can request it from the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 7 months ago #168491 by toys2
update... After chasing up DWP for assessors report it has finally arrived today.
omg i thought they had sent me someone elses by mistake, it is full of lies and contraticitons.

After the the shock panic and worry ( which i have been warned by my consultants just last week to try and avoid at all costs due to deteriation of health)

nearly everything is a lie and its like reading something about someone else .. lies
i have 2 dogs (news to me and my family)
my sons age is wrong and apparently i look after him on my own (i wish)
im in the bath all of the time ( wow this and looking after a child full time?)
apparently i can dress my lower half but need help with my upper body ( my main problem is my hips!)
I stood for 25 mins and walked 20 metres which was obseved (this assessment was done at my home and i wasnt asked to walk , however if my room was 20 metres long i would be frilled!)
I did all required exercises with ease and could balance on both legs when asked to lift one off the floor ( this was never even asked the only exercise? i done was pinch fingers!)
no aids like my commode was mentioned , my pads i change myself (i really wish i did)
the list goes on and on with lies, lies and more lies

I have rang the DWP up in tears (no decision has been made as of yet) i explained that with all the lies on the report that i can guarentee the wrong decision will be made) ..
i was told somone will ring me back but this could take 5 days as its now friday afternoon

what should i do ?? my life feels like its been tipped upside down, my anxiety has hit the roof
im starting to ask myself why i bother and really why am i here

To top it off i now have a ESA assessment on wednesday (5 plus months after sending form back) do they do this to brake you?

kind regards

More
7 years 7 months ago #168498 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip assessment
Toys

Although you have been told that you will receive a phone call, I would be surprised if this was to happen, the DWP do not contact claimants before a Decision has been made on their claim.

You need to separate matters that are relevant to your claim and those that are not and then errors of fact from the opinions of the assessor and then consider whether the errors of fact are sufficient to effect any award.

If you are contacted by the DWP then you can go through your list, but if not then you will need to wait until a Decision on your claim is made before you can take any further action.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: toys2

More
7 years 7 months ago #168504 by toys2
Thanks Gordon ...
Should I lodge a complaint with Capita now?

I have gone throught the report again and have to admit its laughable ...
states I go out on my mobility scooter ... I do not even have a mobility scooter!

kind regards

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #168506 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip assessment
You can certainly complain to Capita

www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

You might also want to let your MP know about this

Contacting your MP

Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.