× Members

Waiting response to ESA renewal

More
7 years 10 months ago #164471 by Jeanette
Waiting response to ESA renewal was created by Jeanette
Hi, I completed and returned my ESA form for a renewal 12 weeks ago and have heard nothing at all. I didn't have any medical evidence as my GP surgery wont give any letters unless the DWP request it. Since sending the form I've found a letter I have which states my diagnosis, do you think it would be worth my sending this now, if so how do I find out where to send it?
I saw my GP yesterday and he said they haven't contacted him about it but did show me a huge tray full of papers that he said were about appeals for ESA, he was obviously unhappy about it as he said he'd much rather spend his time trying to help his patients.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164500 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting response to ESA renewal

Jeanette wrote: Hi, I completed and returned my ESA form for a renewal 12 weeks ago and have heard nothing at all. I didn't have any medical evidence as my GP surgery wont give any letters unless the DWP request it. Since sending the form I've found a letter I have which states my diagnosis, do you think it would be worth my sending this now, if so how do I find out where to send it?
I saw my GP yesterday and he said they haven't contacted him about it but did show me a huge tray full of papers that he said were about appeals for ESA, he was obviously unhappy about it as he said he'd much rather spend his time trying to help his patients.
Thanks

First of all, call Maximus they can tell you what is happening with your claim.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

They can also give you an address to send your letter to.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeanette

More
7 years 10 months ago #164746 by Jeanette
Replied by Jeanette on topic Waiting response to ESA renewal
Now I feel absolutely sick. I called Maximus and got the address to send info to and they told me I'm down for another face to face. I've only just had the DLA to Pip assessment where I was deemed not to be able to walk more than 20m and now I've got to go through it all again. What an utter waste of money. When I had my last assessment for ESA I was really bad and it was stopped. The one for pip was a load of lies, which is what worries me.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164784 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting response to ESA renewal

Jeanette wrote: Now I feel absolutely sick. I called Maximus and got the address to send info to and they told me I'm down for another face to face. I've only just had the DLA to Pip assessment where I was deemed not to be able to walk more than 20m and now I've got to go through it all again. What an utter waste of money. When I had my last assessment for ESA I was really bad and it was stopped. The one for pip was a load of lies, which is what worries me.

PIP And ESA have different criteria, for example; PIP is a walking test, ESA also considers your ability to self-propel a manual wheelchair, you don't need to use a wheelchair or to even own one for the usage to be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #164932 by Jeanette
Replied by Jeanette on topic Waiting response to ESA renewal
Thanks for your reply. Yes I realise they have different criteria. One of my problems is extreme fatigue and I made sure to let them know that I can't self propel my wheelchair without becoming very quickly fatigued. I've sent off the evidence I found in my medical records today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.