× Members

Blue Badge Info Request

More
7 years 10 months ago #164700 by MrFibro
Blue Badge Info Request was created by MrFibro
Hi to all,

Do I fill out the online application form for a blue badge on the .gov.uk website

or do I need to contact my local council for them to send me out an application form?

many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164716 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Blue Badge Info Request
Hi mrf...(!)

I have actually just reapplied for my own blue badge and applied to my local council. Other members might have experience of applying online. The council were very quick to send out the form etc, so it's really up to you which way you go about it. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrFibro

More
7 years 10 months ago #164722 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Blue Badge Info Request
Hi Shelam,

Thanks for your reply. I managed to download a .pdf application form off the Internet.

Which is from my local council for the blue badge.

I have printed it off, and printed off copies of all relative documents to add to the application form.

I will fill it out today and tomorrow I will send it off via post.

question 1 - how long does it generaly take to process an application and before I receive the badge?

question 2 - can my parents use the badge on my behalf ..say to go shopping for me. I have nominated 2 family members cars, as they are my carers.

thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #164766 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge Info Request
mrfibrospondodysthmatic

Applications usually take about 10 days, but this does not include any waiting time is you have to have an assessment.

No, your parents can only use the badge when you are with them and strictly only when you have exited the car with them to go shopping, etc. To be clear, they cannot use the badge when you are not with them even if the activity they are performing are on your behalf.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #164792 by MrFibro
Replied by MrFibro on topic Blue Badge Info Request
Hi
Thanks for the info.

Assessment ? I have enhanced mobility of 12 points of which 8 of those are scored for limitations to my walking.

Does this mean my council still need to assess me.

I've just posted the application form off via post recorded delivery. with all necessary proof i.e documentations etc.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164800 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge Info Request

mrfibrospondodysthmatic wrote: Hi
Thanks for the info.

Assessment ? I have enhanced mobility of 12 points of which 8 of those are scored for limitations to my walking.

Does this mean my council still need to assess me.

I've just posted the application form off via post recorded delivery. with all necessary proof i.e documentations etc.

This is why we ask members to keep their posts in one topic!

Yes, this should allow to qualify automatically.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.