× Members

Extra Benefit?

More
7 years 10 months ago #164714 by Bluebelle
Extra Benefit? was created by Bluebelle
I've just recently been awarded DLA - Middle Rate Care and High Rate Mobility.

Several years ago I was transferred to Contribution based ESA Support Group from Incapacity Benefit. I get £110 per week.

I live alone and no-one receives Carers Allowance for me.

I also receive full Housing Benefit.

I have been reading about Severe disability Premium and am wondering would I be entitled to this? Or is it only for people on income related ESA?

It seems to me unfair that those receiving Income related ESA get a better deal than those on Contribution based especially for those like me that live alone and have no savings. I still have to pay partially for dental treatment and glasses whereas if I was on income related I would get free treatment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164763 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Extra Benefit?
Bluebelle

Have you checked whether you would be eligible for an Income Related ESA top-up to your ESA(CB)?

ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

If you are then you would be eligible for payment of the Enhanced Disability Premium (£15.75/week) and based on your post the SD Premium as well (£61.85/week), both of these may be back dated to when you were moved to ESA.

If you think that you are eligible then contact the DWP and ask them to send you an ESA3 form to capture your financial information.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bluebelle

More
7 years 10 months ago #164876 by Bluebelle
Replied by Bluebelle on topic Extra Benefit?
Thank you Gordon.

It would be fantastic if I'm eligible for this, it would be such a help financially. I never knew the extra benefit even existed until the other day. Thanks again, I will call DWP in the morning.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.