× Members

Severe Disability Premium

More
7 years 10 months ago #164754 by Jas10
Severe Disability Premium was created by Jas10
After reporting a deterioration in health to PIP I lost my award of standard DL. After mandatory reconsideration I have been re-awarded standard DL no mobility (going to appeal as it was the mobility which caused me to inform them of a change). When my PIP stopped I also stopped receiving SDP which was paid with my ESA.

Will I automatically get the SDP back now that my PIP award has been put back into payment? and will it be backdated to the day of PIPs decision to stop my award.

I have suffered so much by informing them of a change and totally regret doing the right thing by following their procedures and still it goes on.

Anyway, enough grumping, if anyone knows I would be grateful for your advice

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Severe Disability Premium
Jas

Yes, if the DL component is back in payment and you other circumstances have not changed then the SDP should be backdated to the day after it was stopped, you may need to chase the DWP and also fill in a new IS10 form.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jas10

More
7 years 10 months ago #164836 by Jas10
Replied by Jas10 on topic Severe Disability Premium
Thanks Gordon,

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.