× Members

PIP appeal for Ulcerative Colitiis

More
7 years 10 months ago #164809 by angela mccrann
PIP appeal for Ulcerative Colitiis was created by angela mccrann
I have my hearing on Thursday for my appeal for PIP. I work and I wont give my work up. I wasn't given any points for PIP even although I qualify for some of the daily living activities section, where I need help to cook a meal, dress, bath, and manage toilet needs. I couldn't find a rep to come with me, so I am going to fight my own corner. I just wondered if anyone else was in the same situation, and what advice could they give me. I'm not so clued up on PIP and I'm not going to build my hopes up, but at least I will have fought my corner as best I can. I am in severe pain with colitis and suffer terrible, with Ulcerative Colitis, proctitis, going thru menopause which that doesn't help and tinnitus as well as migraines now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #164812 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal for Ulcerative Colitiis
A

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Unfortunately, if your hearing is on Thursday then it too late for you to submit and information in detail.

To receive an award you will need to explain why you are able to reliably and on the majority of days to complete each of the PIP activities that you would hope to score points for.

So I would have a read of the PIP Claim guide to make sure you understand what the criteria for each activity is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.