× Members

PIP Tribunal Result

More
7 years 9 months ago #164828 by Nysnanna
PIP Tribunal Result was created by Nysnanna
Many thanks to everyone on this site and the fantastic guides/information.

We went to Tribunal on thursday morning and won the case - my Grandson is now on enhanced care and standard mobility.

Back in November when he turned 16 he started the process of moving from DLA to PIP
He has autism, ADHD and Tourettes and had been on hihg rate care and low rate mobility for many years.
We made the claim for PIP and were astonished that he ended up with NOTHING. He was not seen by the HP and it appeared that the decision was based solely on a telephone call with a safeguarding officer at the school, who infomred the HP that she knew very little about my Grandson. He scored 4 points for Daily Living Activities and nothing for mobility. We asked for a Mandatory Reconsideration and provided more evidence - he was then awarded 8 points for daily living and 4 for mobility - giving him standard rate care.
The tribunal gave him 25 points for daily lving and 10 points for mobility. Yes !!!
My Grandson did not attend the tribunal as he was too anxious - my daughter went as his appointee and I went as his Representative. The panel were very friendly but professional and it was obvious that they were trying very hard to put us at ease. There were no trick questions and they gave us plenty of time to tell them everything in our own words, we were informed of the outcome after about 15 minutes.

My advice to anyone that feels they have not been given the DLA/PIP that they should have is: read the guides, get more evidence if you can and go in there with confidence - you know your illness and how it affects you better than the HP. We very nearly didn't go to Tribunal once he was given standard rate, after the mandatory rconsideration - we were worried about losing that, however in the end we knew we had to do it as he was entitled to more. So pleased that we did - Thank you Benefits and Work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #164834 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP Tribunal Result
That is great news Nysnanna! Well done for persevering with this and getting the award your Grandson deserves. Many thanks for letting us know - and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 9 months ago #164840 by pat
Replied by pat on topic PIP Tribunal Result
Can I just ask how you went about attending tribunal as his appointee, did you have to get special permission.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165434 by Nysnanna
Replied by Nysnanna on topic PIP Tribunal Result
Hi Pat
I was uncertain if it was necessary for my Grandson to attend and was worried about how he may behave during the tribunal so I called the number that I was given when I was sent the date/details of tribunal. I was considering asking if it wouls be possible to take him for a look round first to get a feel of the place etc.
I was informed that it was not necessary for him to attend, as his appointee could attend for him. The person that I spoke to was very clear - if a person has an appointee, that appointee acts for them.
Initially we felt that it may be better if he went and that was what we planned, however his anxiety was sky high and on the morning we decided against it.
The tribunal panel were absolutlely fine about this - at one point one of the panel asked why we made the decision not to bring him - we explained about his anxiety and they agreed that it was probably best.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.