× Members

Mandatory review

More
7 years 8 months ago #167054 by Dades
Replied by Dades on topic Mandatory review
Today the result of the MR arrived and the decision remains the same, which does not surprise us. After much thought we have decided that the stress of going through the Appeal process is going to adversely affect my husband's health so we will not proceed with this. I know that this is probably not what he should do but he feels it is right for him at this time.
His Motability car has already gone back and he received a cheque from them within 5 days of the return of the car and this will go a long way towards helping him to remain mobile.
I would like to take this opportunity of thanking B&W for this very informative site and only wish we had known about it before his PIP forms were completed. At least we will be better prepared when his PIP comes up for review.
I wish all the other members every success with their applications and resultant assessments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #167100 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Mandatory review
I'm sorry that the appeal did not find in your husband's favour :(

As long as he is under 65 years of age, he can reapply straight away.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 8 months ago #167180 by Dades
Replied by Dades on topic Mandatory review
Hello Mrs Hurtyback. He decided not to go for an Appeal and it was the MR decision that remained the same. He has an award, although not the one he felt he was entitled to but, at least he had some success. Thanks again for all the excellent assistance on this site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
7 years 8 months ago #167514 by Jul
Replied by Jul on topic Mandatory review
Am so sorry about the decision your husband had, Dades, though totally understand his reasons for not wishing to go to Appeal. B)

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.