× Members

Pip tribunal

More
7 years 9 months ago #165284 by Ellen Coombes
Pip tribunal was created by Ellen Coombes
Hi

I have my tribunal on Thursday for pip I am extremely anxious I suffer from OCD, ptsd, anxiety disorder with depression. Can anyone give me any advice on what to expect or tips

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #165329 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip tribunal

Ellen Coombes wrote: Hi

I have my tribunal on Thursday for pip I am extremely anxious I suffer from OCD, ptsd, anxiety disorder with depression. Can anyone give me any advice on what to expect or tips

Many thanks

We did provide information when you asked about a Tribunal some time ago. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...=10&id=109521#159800

A PIP panel comprises of three members; a Judge, a Doctor and a lay person with knowledge of disability issues.

They will ask you about the problems you have completing the PIP activities and why this is the case, their questioning will be robust but should be reasonable and take account of your conditions.

The hearing usually last 40-50 minutes, after which they will make a Decision, normally you will be called back in to hear that Decision but if they are busy they may opt to write to you.

It is possible that a DWP Presenting Officer will be present, they are not the "prosecution" and have no more rights at the hearing than you do.

Good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.