× Members

Council Tax

More
7 years 9 months ago #165297 by caj279
Council Tax was created by caj279
Hello All

Could you please help with this one on the Council tax.
I use to receive Full housing benefit and council tax benefits

I recently received a letter last month saying they are suspending my housing & council tax benefits.
I called the benefits office and was only asked to provide utility bills and i was told all will be back to normal.
I suddenly received a letter on saturday making a final demand; for payment of outstanding Council tax benefits for the current financial year.
I have not had to pay this before now as i was receiving full council tax benefits.
Could you please advise, am i not entitled to a full council tax benefits as i was told previously that due to my illness and incapacity, i get council tax reduction and a remittance for the reduction from the benefits office, but i was been told today that i will need to make payment for this remittance. Please advised what has changed?
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #165339 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Council Tax
caj

I'm afraid we do not provide advice on Council Tax, many of the "rules" will be specific to you Local Authority.

Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.