× Members

PIP Award Review?

More
7 years 8 months ago #165380 by chewbacca
PIP Award Review? was created by chewbacca
I was awarded PIP last year and in the letter it said I will receive the award until 2017 however I will get a review letter in August 2016. Has anyone had a similar letter come and is it something they do tend to send out? Will I need to chase it up if it doesn't arrive to see if they can increase the award?

My condition is getting worse and is having an effect on me mentally. I am having to take so much sick time off from work but I cannot afford not to work but at the same time I am struggling to get through my already reduced hours on the days I manage to go in.

I really don't know who else to turn too. I am on a Pain Management programme but that does not seem to help with coping with the pain.

Thank You in Advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165383 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic PIP Award Review?
Hi Chewbacca

It seems to be the 'norm' now to get a review letter about a year before the award is due to end.

Whether you will need to attend another face 2 face depends on the circumstances of your first award I suppose, but if you do have to attend you have the opportunity to present any more recent evidence to support your claim that your illness is progressing and you are finding things much more difficult.

As to whether there is any other course of action open to you, I will leave this to other members who might have more experience of the renewal/review system and be more supportive because of this experience.

Have you contacted Turn2Us, by the way? They might be able to suggest means of obtaining other income?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.