× Members

Pip Home Assessment

More
7 years 9 months ago #165389 by oneandonly
Pip Home Assessment was created by oneandonly
Got an home assessment next week for pip, Rather pleased as never asked for home assessment so hope this is looking good. I have bit the bullet and was on dla middle rate care low mobility but have put in for change of circumstances as was on indefinate award.
Can any members give me some tips or ideas what to expect on this visit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #165396 by oneandonly
Replied by oneandonly on topic Pip Home Assessment
Got pip assessment next week, however Im not sure if its looking good for me as they have given me a home assessment which I did not request. I am currently on middle rate care and lower mobility of dla. I put a change of circumstances in as I did have an indefinate award.

Can my partner answer questions for me due to my problems are will the examiner not allow this ?

Would like to know if anyone can give me some ideas of what to expect and what to do and not to do

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #165401 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Home Assessment
Hi oneandonly,

The first thing to say is to warn you that the assessor might turn up on time. On the other hand, they have also been known to arrive early, late - or not at all!

The assessor has no more rights than any other visitor to your home. It is up to you which room you use and who you have with you. The assessor does not have the right to inspect the rest of your home - nor have we heard of them asking to do so.

I am sure that members will comment from their experience :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #165403 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Pip Home Assessment
I have merged your two queries, please keep everything relating to your PIP claim in one topic.

The assessor is going to want you to answer the questions as much as you can. Your partner should be allowed to help out if you are struggling but not to take over the interview except in extreme circumstances.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.