× Members

Going Out - Cannot Plan the route of a journey

More
7 years 8 months ago #165437 by Peter
I am puzzled by your Guide on PIP Claims. Page 52 gives the descriptors with the particular one that I am concerned about - 13c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. But when I turn to page 54, 13c suddenly becomes - being unable to go out because of anxiety or stress.

I need advice re 'Cannot plan the route of a journey'. My wife has physical disabilities for which we are lodging an appeal against the DWA decision. However the physical disabilities do not affect her ability to plan a journey. She just cannot do it. Never has been able to. I presume that a simple inability to do this would not satisfy the DWA?
Chadnett.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165439 by Gordon

Peter wrote: I am puzzled by your Guide on PIP Claims. Page 52 gives the descriptors with the particular one that I am concerned about - 13c. Cannot plan the route of a journey. But when I turn to page 54, 13c suddenly becomes - being unable to go out because of anxiety or stress.

I need advice re 'Cannot plan the route of a journey'. My wife has physical disabilities for which we are lodging an appeal against the DWA decision. However the physical disabilities do not affect her ability to plan a journey. She just cannot do it. Never has been able to. I presume that a simple inability to do this would not satisfy the DWA?
Chadnett.

You are confusing the Descriptor "13(c)" with question "13(c) on the PIP2 form :)

I'm afraid the DWP will not accept your assurance that your wife cannot plan a journey unless you can explain what condition is causing this and why it affects her ability.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.