× Members

moving after ESA award

More
7 years 8 months ago #165689 by mpckelly
moving after ESA award was created by mpckelly
Hi,

Thanks in great part to the help offered via this site, I've recently been awarded ESA (support group) after a tribunal.

I've been thinking of moving for quite some time - my landlady is very difficult to deal with, and I also want to be in a different part of the country for family reasons - but have wanted to get the appeal out of the way first.

Now I'm wondering: if I move, will my ESA automatically be reviewed? Or if not automatically, might there be a decision that it should be reviewed? If it is reviewed, what is the process? I'm not sure I could bear going through the process of having to prove my claim all over again, so soon.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165704 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic moving after ESA award
H

Although it is a Change of Circumstances that you must inform the DWP about, it is not one that will result in your current awards being reassessed.

Make sure that you contact each department, you cannot assume that telling one will result in all of them being notified.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.