× Members

PIP and Alzheimers

More
7 years 8 months ago #165802 by JLP
PIP and Alzheimers was created by JLP
Hi guys,

I posted a question several months ago about securing PIP with Alzheimers. My husband has been on DLA for 20 years for a serious back problem, which has only sadly got worse. He has also developed the dreaded memory problems the past 4 years. Although he is 67 he has been called for a review and to be moved onto PIP. We requested a home visit, and we had a home visit 6 weeks ago.

The visit went well and we were confident of a good result. We used your guides which were essential for his claim. I also put him into "rehearsals". By this I mean I made sure we practiced the questions and our explanations. As he has memory problems I was worried he would not remember what we had written.

We got the dreaded brown envelope today.......I am pleased to report he got enhanced rate for both, and even better he will not be called until 2026! which is 10 years!

A miracle! thank you so much for all your help and continued support. Its the best money ive spent that's for sure.

Thanks to you all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165808 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP and Alzheimers
That's great news JLP! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JLP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.