× Members

ESA reassessment due

• canttrusthesystem
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #165820 by canttrusthesystem
ESA reassessment due was created by canttrusthesystem
Hi,

please can you tell me if ESA reassessments are running 'to schedule'? When I was moved from IB to ESA I was told my next assessment would be December 2016, and at the time there were backlogs with reassessments. Should I expect to hear around December, do you think?

Also, I've been sort of hiding my head in the sand a bit regarding ESA, so am a bit out of date. Please can you tell me where to find up to date ESA descriptors online?

thanks and good wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165831 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA reassessment due

canttrusthesystem wrote: Hi,

please can you tell me if ESA reassessments are running 'to schedule'? When I was moved from IB to ESA I was told my next assessment would be December 2016, and at the time there were backlogs with reassessments. Should I expect to hear around December, do you think?

Also, I've been sort of hiding my head in the sand a bit regarding ESA, so am a bit out of date. Please can you tell me where to find up to date ESA descriptors online?

thanks and good wishes

The DWP are sending claimants for reassessment pretty much on time but there are still areas of the country where the actual assessment appears to be taking some time to be arranged.

The current ESA Descriptors are in the ESA Claim guides.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• canttrusthesystem
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #165959 by canttrusthesystem
Replied by canttrusthesystem on topic ESA reassessment due
Hi Gordon,

thanks for that. Do you know if, where they are running 'to time', the forms are generally sent out in advance of the stated reassessment date, or around about what the DWP have said?

Re the descriptors - what I'm looking for - and did before - is to be able to print off what I think used to be known as Schedules 2 and 3 of the ESA Regulations- so that I can have all the descriptors, directly from the legislation - right in front of me, when I'm working with the form and with your guide (your guides have been of enormous value to me and I don't know what I'd have done without them) - but the government legislation website I've used in the past seems to have a list of legislative variations and has left me confused as to where to find accessible up to date versions to make such a complete print off - it helps my brain to cope enormously if I can have something like this in front of me, so if anyone knows where I can find the entire up to date versions of Scedules 2 and 3 (or their current equivalent) in a complete format like that, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thank you.

More
7 years 8 months ago #165960 by Gordon
canttrusthesystem

As I said, reassessments are being initiated pretty much on time this includes the ESA50 being sent out.

The ESA Claim guides has a list of both the current WRAG and SG Descriptors, the legislation that made the last change modified the Descriptors in place rather than publishing a new list.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• canttrusthesystem
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #166961 by canttrusthesystem
Replied by canttrusthesystem on topic ESA reassessment due
Thanks Gordon.

Because of the way my mind works and the cognitive impairments I now have to deal with, it would be easier for me if I had a complete list of the descriptors together, as stated in the legislation, as well as the way they are presented in the guides. This has worked well in the past.

I have also found that a list of the descriptors forn the legislation, with the appropriate headlines showing clearly that they are from the ESA legislation, and the heading and footing on the print-out demonstrating clearly that they are from the governemnet's own legislation site and of a current date, has added enormous credibility for showing them to my doctors when asking for supporting medical evidence and trying to explain the criteria demanded by the DWP. Just showing such obviously valid print-outs carries much more weight, clarity and permance than my words alone. It's a tip I would pass on to other claimants seeking supporting medical evidence to send in with their claims.

However, if the descriptors are no longer available as addenda or lists supplementary to the legislation then, perhaps this is no longer possible? Can you tell me where they have been modified if not as some sort of addenda?

thank you.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166971 by Gordon
canttrusthesystem

I understand your need for the information to be available in a particular format but the last amendment to the ESA Regulations updated the Descriptors by amending the wording rather than producing a new list of Descriptors with the changes included.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.