× Members

PIP factual report from consultant

More
7 years 9 months ago #164842 by bennie
Replied by bennie on topic PIP factual report from consultant
I've made the initial PIP call today - slightly concerned and stressed at the speed at which the woman who took my call rattled off the questions, all obviously scripted and not wanting to be interrupted with questions!

Anyway I was told it can now take up to 3 weeks to get the form and that then I should have four weeks to fill it in.

I'd like to try and prepare some stuff and have a copy of the form etc but would like to know what people have done in terms of filling it in since there's no online version and I understand the forms are bar coded etc so you cant really split them? Do people manage to do it by hand? How do they manage to fit all their info on? I had thought of sticking bits of typed up info on the form as this might be easier? Has anyone done anything like this or is it just a case of attaching extra sheets etc?

Thanks for any input

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #164847 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP factual report from consultant
You are correct in saying that there is no PDF version of the PIP2 form and that you must return the form you are sent as it will have a unique barcode tying it to your file.

We don't recommend sticking extra bits of paper to each page of the form. This makes it more difficult for DWP to scan the form and more likely that something will get missed.

What we do recommend is, if you prefer, to type out the answer to each question on a separate sheet. If you do this, please make sure that you have put your name and NINo at the top of each sheet and clearly marked which question you are answering. Then put 'see extra sheet 10' (for example) in the answer box on the form.

You should number each sheet '1of 30' etc as this makes it easy to see if anything has been lost from the back.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie, bennie

More
7 years 8 months ago #166088 by bennie
Still on with the DLA-to-PIP application...

When I got DLA previously I sent supporting evidence from GP and then apparently the DWP wrote to my consultant to get a report which I understand she sent.

I asked for the DLA consultant report to be used in the PIP claim but apparently the file has been destroyed.

I am going to see my consultant tomorrow so my question is: is there a report format on this site somewhere (have only seen the Atos/Capita medical report form) which I can give her - or is it more or less the same as the DLA report in which case I suppose I can ask her to update that?

And should I be asking her for a copy of the report and for her to send it to me so I can send it on to DWP? Or will the DWP write to her as they did previously with the DLA?

Thanks in advance

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166093 by slugsta
HI Bennie,

I have merged your query with the previous topic relating to your PIP claim. It helps us enormously when everything relating to the same claim is kept in the same topic!

There is no pro forma letter as everyone's needs are different. We usually suggest that you show the consultant the descriptors, points removed, and ask them to comment on these in their report.

There is no law obliging DWP or the assessment provider to contact anyone for supporting information. For this reason we recommend sending in anything you think will be helpful rather than relying on DWP.

If you have further questions or comments about your PIP, at any stage in the process, and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bennie

More
7 years 8 months ago #166097 by bennie
Sorry about the merging thing again!

I did just find this online (see below) so P.8 - with ref to PIP - would be what consultants would be asked about?

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...pletion-guidance.pdf

I assume the question numbers refer to the PIP form?

Thanks very much in advance sorry I don't think I even thanked you last time! :)

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166100 by slugsta
This is the guidance that is produced for medics who might be asked to fill in the forms. I know that the actual form issued for ESA claims is very brief and does not ask for much information, the PIP form is talked about here

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/2265-pip-...report-form-revealed

It is still better to provide your own supporting documentation, that way you have the option of withholding it if you do not think it is actually helpful!

Thanks for your thanks :)

Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie, bennie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.