× Members

Tip- Medical Evidence

More
7 years 9 months ago #166254 by Orangeblossom
Tip- Medical Evidence was created by Orangeblossom
I wondered if this might help other members.

When you see a consultant ask the secretary or receptionist to make sure you are copied in to the letters to the GP as these are useful for your claim. I just had a paper appeal and it was stated they used these in the appeal.

Also, a care plan is useful to help manage the condition and also for the claim. GP's can do these with you and it helps. You can also share these with family and have a named carer and info on the care plan.

I thought I would mention it as some people have said about paying for letters etc and you don't need to pay for these.

As another member mentioned, don't send originals but you can copy them in the library or scan at home and print off. Keeping a file with all the copies in is helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, mikegee1968, Jul, Ruby, BirtyB, Prudent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166264 by mikegee1968
Replied by mikegee1968 on topic Tip- Medical Evidence
Hi Orangeblossom they really are two excellent tips to share. I to have asked for copy Consultant letters and in turn copied them for my recent ESA assessment. The HCP specifically noted their relevance during my assessment but I took my originals with me just in case! I hadnt thought about obtaining a care plan but will bring this up with my GP when I next see her. Thanks :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

More
7 years 9 months ago #166304 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Tip- Medical Evidence
If you get prescription scripts you can copy these too. For example mine are every two months. Showing your ongoing medication.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.