× Members

ESA due to end, what next?

More
7 years 9 months ago #166259 by Bev
ESA due to end, what next? was created by Bev
Hi,

Having successfully got PIP at standard rate for both elements until at least 2021.

Now I face the task of ESA, this is due to run out in November this year.

My question is what will happen, will they contact me by October or before that? I have had nothing from them since being put in the Support Group in November 2013 and being told that I will be in it for three years.

My husband and I had to get our local MP involved back in 2013 as the DWP was arguing that they had never rec'd the information so we eventually won and I was placed in SG, now I am faced with wondering what will happen next as we still need the money to help us pay of the debts due to me having to give up work due to my illness Fibromyalgia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #166261 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA due to end, what next?
Hi Bev,

Although a review period is recorded, ESA is actually an open-ended award that will continue in force until another decision is made.

DWP usually adhere to the review date although there as still backlogs in some areas.

You should expect to receive another ESA50 around 6 weeks before the review date. You should approach this in the same way as a new claim, completing the form in detail and submitting all supporting documentation.

If you wish to get ahead of the process you could make a start on the PDF version of the ESA50.

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Don't forget to make full use of the ESA guides!

ESA claims and appeals

If you have further questions or comments about your ESA, at any stage in the process, please reply to this and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by slugsta.

More
7 years 9 months ago #166262 by Bev
Replied by Bev on topic ESA due to end, what next?
Thanks for that,

My husband has been looking on the GOV.Uk sight and it says: "There’s no time limit on how long you can claim contribution-based ESA if you’re in the support group."

My husband works full time and since Nov 2014 I have been in contribution based ESA Support Group, just confusing as to what will happen. The only thing I had from the DWP was a letter saying how they had wrong dealt with my claim, money would be back paid to Nov 2013 and giving me a compensation payment.

I rang the officer and it was him that said I was in the Support Group for 3 years, so I assumed it was right never had it in writing that it would be that long just his word, so my husband and I are presuming it would be soon that we would get another form.

Hope this makes sense, just confused and like you say if they are behind with reassessments then it maybe delayed, though I will use your service to complete any forms that are sent.

Bev

More
7 years 9 months ago #166269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA due to end, what next?
Bev

The reassessment date is not part of the Decision for ESA which is why it never appears on the Decision Letter. Three years is the maximum, under normal circumstances, that we would expect for someone in the SG.

You really only have two choices, wait for the forms or phone the DWP and ask when you will be reassessed, doing this will not initiate a reassessment if it is not due,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bev

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris