× Members

DLA Unlimited award payment suddenly stopped

More
7 years 8 months ago #166399 by Baldeagle
Hello. My wife is 66 and has a lifetime award of DLA and her payment into her bank has suddenly stopped. She received a letter some time ago advising that she would eventually be considered for Pip but never received a PIP claim form. Are the DWP having payment glitches or is there something more sinister going on? How is the transfer from lifetime awards of DLA to PIP taking place?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #166407 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DLA Unlimited award payment suddenly stopped
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

From what you have said, I suspect that one of two things has happened -

Either a letter from DWP, 'inviting' your wife to apply for PIP, has gone astray

or you misunderstood the content of the letter you did receive.

Claimants on indefinite DLA awards are being selected at random in all areas now. DWP write to say that you are 'invited' to claim PIP. The claimant must then phone DWP to instigate the process. If this does not happen within 1 month, DLA will be terminated.

Please ring DWP on Monday and ask what is happening. If your wife has missed the time in which to claim, DLA can be restarted once she has done so.

Our PIP guide explains the process, I suggest you have a look at that over the weekend if you can

PIP help for claimants

Of course, it's always possible that this is a DWP glitch and nothing to do with PIP. Either way, please will you come back and let us know? You will find this easily in future if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.