× Members

Pip surgical corset

More
7 years 8 months ago #166425 by Lily
Pip surgical corset was created by Lily
Got pip2 form today !! With regards to my surgical corset which was provided by NHS it's strong with metal rods for support on my spine.....some days I need it just to be able to mobilise (with medication ,) others just medication needed plus to wear it to much is bad for my muscles !! Is this an aid or appliance and although I need to wear majority of time it gets uncomfortable how do I word this or is wearing it a detriment to pip thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #166441 by shelam
Replied by shelam on topic Pip surgical corset
Hello Lily

I think you should consider your corset an aid - I'm sure the DWP will - but when you mention it in your claim you MUST explain how wearing it affects you. Keep a diary of how often you wear it , and how you feel after you have been wearing it for any length of time. I think you need to show that you wear it for the majority of time in order to be able to function at any level to aid mobility, but that if you do wear it, it is uncomfortable.

Is it uncomfortable to the extent you are in pain when wearing it, because if this is the case you must mention that also. Do you need to take pain relief when you are wearing it, or rather do you need to take MORE pain relief than you would if you weren't wearing it?

The thing to remember is that PIP refers to how your disability affects you, and if your corset and/or medication are not giving you the help and relief you need then you must stress this.
Do you need help to get into the corset? If so, explain this in your form.

I think that's all you can do; so long as you explain everything fully. you will give yourself the best chance of success. Good luck with your claim :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.